Saturday, September 24, 2011

Book Club

We are one month into book club. This is only my 2nd year to be in this book club. I love that I have been exposed to books i normally would have never picked up. I SO judge a book by it's cover. I know which ones are light fluffy things that you would read at the beach or ones you want to just not have to think a lot about. I can tell which ones are going to make me think a lot. I took on the roll of organizer of this years book club. The first book we read was one I have raved about for a long time....Demon: A Memoir by Tosca Lee. It's over on my book list to the right. There were only 4 in attendance the first meeting, but all loved the book. We have come up with the next months reading material and here it is (books subject to change based on if I've read one that really rocks!)

October 10th

Book: THE MANY LIVES & SECRET SORROWS OF JOSEPHINE B.
by Sandra Gulland (first book of a trilogy)

November 14th

Book: Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

December 12th

Book: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (first in a trilolgy)

January 9th

Book: The Germ by Robert Liparulo

February 13th

Book: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Mystery
by
Alan Bradley (we will swap pies

March 12th

Book: The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

April 9th

Book: The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

May 14th

Book: Crooked Letter Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin

I have already read The Hunger Games (it's actually a trilogy), Sarah's Key (wonderful!) and Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...this was an okay murder mystery...I will most likely change this one as I discover more books.

I'll keep you updated and maybe post a picture of our book club as the months pass by! Now off to start reading my book for next month, just got it downloaded on my kindle. It looks like the one copy that the Library has will not make it back in time for me to be ready for the meeting.

No comments: