The weatherman is calling for snow, in Alabama ... that can mean many things. Perhaps a light "dusting" where you look like you have dandruff. Maybe enough snow will fall to cover the grass blanketing your yard in a sea of white. On the other hand, it could mean that you get 17 inches of snow with 5' drifts! You never can be sure exactly which one will hit, this is why everyone runs out to buy milk and break when snowflakes are mentioned. Well, this last storm was actually what was expected... 2-4 inches and gone by early the next morning.
It just happened to start falling late Sunday morning. A few flurries fell as I made my way to work early, 6:00 a.m. The snow steadily fell throughout the day and was really falling by 10:00. I only had 100 kids throughout the morning and a handful of workers.
Knowing I wouldn't make it home in time to see the "pretty" snow in my own yard (the kids were out playing in it) I took pictures at work to memorialize the day.
The building as I drove up to work.
One of the courtyards.
The tree outside my office door.
The drive down Briarwood Way.
No comments:
Post a Comment