Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Sound of Silence...

OK, it had to be SSOO obvious that I need some time alone! Todd looked at me on Thursday and said, "Why don't you take Saturday for yourself?" In medical terms I was "one acorn away from nuts."

Emma had a birthday party from 9:30 - 12:00 on Saturday that I took her to. They met at SoHo Sweets in Homewood, picked out the ice cream that they wanted and then trekked over to a beauty school down the road for the "whole package". We are talking fingernails, hair, and make up. The girls had a BLAST. I'm not really sure the ladies at the salon knew what they were in for!



here is our Birthday girl..Emily

and her little sis...already learning the moves.


the end of the day with all the nails done and hair up!



After dropping Emma off at home I headed out to a movie. Yes..(sigh) by myself. I used to think that there was no way that I would EVER go to a movie by myself. Why would I need to when hubby loved to see them as much as me? I would always have the comfort of another person with me in the dark. Well, children change things and you become braver than you thought you ever were. I walked right up to the ticket counter and proudly handed over the $$ for the ticket (wow prices have gone up) and then whispered "One ticket to Eagle Eye", hoping people would think that I was meeting someone in the theater!!

Luckily the previews had already started so the theater was dark although it is hard to hide one lone silhouette slinking into the nearest seat. The move was alright. I wish the ending had little to do with a computer "on it's own" as apposed to a bad guy in charge of the mayhem.

As luck would have it the theater is right next to the mall?!! So, for a few hours I wandered around looking at all the stores and finding way more for Emma than I did myself. It's just more fun to dress her.

By the time I made it home (early by todd's standard) I realized that the only words I had spoken since about 1:00 was when I bought the ticket. No body asking me things, interrupting me, begging, pleading, or pouting around me...WOW!

The sound of Silence.

No comments: