Saturday, June 14, 2008
Walking Pneumonia...No Boogie Woogie Flu
Well, they say bad things come in three's. Within two days we had three medical "issues" in my family. My mom, who is no stranger to surgery, has had one shoulder replacement and two knee replacements. This past week she went in for stomach surgery. They had to take her stomach and wrap it around her esophagus to replace the muscle that pushes your food down to be digested??!! A day after that Nolan had come to me saying that he lower back hurt and asked me to massage it. As I was rubbing I felt a round nickel size thing on his back. I wasn't too panicked because it was smooth and it moved around quit a bit. I did take him to the Doctor and he felt that it was a benign cyst but we did have an ultrasound done on it to make sure. The lab lady couldn't even get it to show up on the ultrasound because it wasn't dense enough. This was all good news. Now it was my turn. I finally went to the Dr. about the cough I have had for about a month which has only gotten worse. At first i thought that because I had started running at night my asthma had kicked up because of the humidity (I do live in Alabama!). Anyway, it turns out that i have walking Pneumonia and have been feeling much better since I started on my Z pack! Mom, BTW, it doing very well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so, how is the Netti pot doing?
Post a Comment