Friday, May 23, 2008

Rest for the weary??

Not at the Craig house. After being woken up at 7 ish by Nolan and Beau, the dog, the kids and I set out for my moms house. They are back from Montana but are still unpacking so I don't have my photos yet. There is nothing like company coming over to get the updating to the house done that you have been waiting for your daughter to do.So...I pulled up carpet, padding, tack strips, nails and as a special treat, scrapped the popcorn off the ceiling in the foyer at my moms house. Todd and I are headed over there on Memorial day to start laying the hardwood floors. My Aunt Terri and mom's cousin Ellen are due to come for a visit next weekend so we are making hast on our project.

I'll get some pics and get them on soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As we view the blog for the first time we are intrigued by Beau - who is this dog? What kind of dog is he? It seems he's only mentioned a few times, yet seems to get along well with the family. Sounds like Allison is a very industrious daughter and mom and Todd sounds like quite the trooper.

Anonymous said...

Beau a.k.a. Beauford, Beaufro, Beaumister, and Beau Man is a Bichon Frise. Beau belongs to the Atherton's and we are his "home away from home" while they go on vacations. He fits right in at our house and makes himself comfortable on Nolan's bed at night, follows me around the house as I do chores, and gets walked by both Emma and Nolan. Best of all, he's so laid back you can really mess with him (pictures from January). We'll have more pictures by next week!

Anonymous said...

Some of our friends have a Bichon Frise and love him - he sounds like a great dog. The pics from Jan are great... LOL - what a party animal.
BTW - how difficult is installing H/W?

Anonymous said...

It can be done by amateurs, case in point ...Todd and I have done it several times. Our office was our first attempt and I think we get a little better each time we do a room. The hardest part to me is the bending over when you are stapling the rows. The pictures from December of '07 will give you an idea of what I felt like after it was all said and done.